MediaTek announced its new Kompanio 1380 chip, which offers a new level of performance and best-in-class features for premium Chromebooks such as the new Acer Chromebook Spin 513. The Kompanio 1380 delivers incredible portable computing experiences with superb battery life, all in a compact form factor for slim and lightweight devices.
Key features of Kompanio 1380 include:
- Powerful processing: Kompanio 1380 features an octa-core CPU with four high-performance Arm Cortex-A78 cores with speeds up to 3GHz for improved responsiveness. For gamers, its five-core Arm Mali-G57 GPU supports fast and vivid visuals, while the quad-channel 2133MHz LPDDR4X ensures there is plenty of data bandwidth.
- MediaTek APU 3.0: This powerful multi-core AI processor accelerates AI-camera and AI-voice applications while also optimizing battery life.
- 4K60 HDR Display Support: The chip supports up to two 4K 60Hz displays, or one 4K 60Hz display plus two 4K 30Hz displays, giving device makers a wide variety of resolution, performance and external connectivity choices to meet any product design aspiration.
- AV1 Hardware Decoding: The chip’s advanced decoding features mean that consumers can stream 4K movies and TV shows with the best quality settings, while also enjoying longer battery life.
- Voice Assistant Ready: Kompanio 1380 comes with a dedicated audio digital signal processor (DSP) that provides ultra-low power voice on wakeup (VoW) capabilities for a wide variety of voice assistant services.
- Ultra-fast Connectivity: The chip is ready for Wi-Fi 6/6E and Bluetooth 5 connectivity, enabling the fastest wireless data transfers.
MediaTek’s Kompanio chips have been widely adopted by device manufacturers to power the world’s most popular mobile computing devices, including Chromebook laptops and tablets. Additional devices powered by the Kompanio 1380 will be available in the market soon.