HP has unveiled its latest portfolio of HP ENVY notebooks. The HP ENVY15, with its minimalist design and powerful software and hardware features, will provide users with an unparalleled experience of versatility and mobility. In addition, HP has also introduced its latest Z by HP mobile workstations–The HP ZBook Studio and HP ZBook Create.
HP ENVY 15
o The minimalist design nods throughout this head-turning device, with a sophisticated aluminium chassis and diamond-cut design and is the first ENVY with a layer of glass on top of the touchpad for a smooth-touch experience.
o Available across all-new HP ENVY devices this year is the all-in-one keyboard, which includes easily accessible buttons for power, camera shutter, mute mic, fingerprint reader, and HP Command Center.
o Creators desire devices with a stunning display, powerful performance – all with long battery life and connectivity and the new ENVY 15 delivers.
o Digital creations take on a new level of details and realism with 4K OLED VESA certified DisplayHDR True Black display. It features 100% DCI-P3 colour gamut, 100,000:1 contrast ratio with 400 nits brightness. Every 4K display is colour calibrated to meet Delta E <2 standards to ensure consistent and accurate colours. The touch display takes workflow efficiency to a new level for a responsive and comfortable experience.
o HP QuickDrop – on the new ENVY 15 – seamlessly transfers digital creations, documents, notes, websites, addresses, and more across a variety of devices – PC, iPhone, Android, or tablet.
o Fast rendering, seamless playback, and smooth multitasking is a breeze with an up to 10th Gen Intel Core i7 (H-series) processor, up to NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 with Max-Q design, and up to 16GB of DDR4 Memory.
o The ENVY 15 is the first HP ENVY device to offer gaming-class thermals – a vapour chamber and two 12-volt fans. Compared with a traditional heat-pipe design, HP’s custom vapour chamber solution provides 33% more processor power to power through intensive workloads.
o The device also features HP Dynamic Power, which intelligently allocates power between the CPU and GPU; and, the IR thermal sensor supports Performance Control to fully utilize thermal capacity.
o Blazing-fast storage and connectivity with up to 1 TB PCIe SSD and RAID 0 (2xSSD), 3x faster file transfer speeds connectivity with Wi-Fi 6 versus Wi-Fi 5, and Bluetooth 5.
o Create whenever and wherever the mood strikes with up to 16.5 hours of battery life – and quickly charge the device with HP Fast Charge, offering a 50% charge in 45 minutes.
HP ENVY Portfolio
Also available is the latest HP ENVY portfolio, designed for creators seeking versatility and mobility, which includes:
- HP ENVY 13: With an 88% screen-to-body ratio, up to a 10th Gen Intel Core i7 CPU and NVIDIA GeForce MX350 graphics 2 GB, up to 19.5 hours of battery life, FHD display, and fast Wi-Fi 6 connectivity, this is a powerful creator device in an 11” diagonal footprint.
- HP ENVY x360 13: This delightful convertible has both form and function, featuring an 88% screen-to-body ratio, this convertible PC comes with the AMD Ryzen 4000 Series Mobile Processors with Radeon Graphics, up to 17.5 hours of battery life and fast connectivity with Wi-Fi 5 and Bluetooth 5.0.
Z by HP: Power Your Breakthrough
The HP ZBook Studio, the world’s smallest 15” laptop for creators and most powerful mobile workstation per cubic centimetre, while the HP ZBook Create, is the world’s smallest 15” notebook for creation and gaming, allows users to create on-the-go like never before. There has been a 47% growth in thin and light form factors over the past three years, but most devices are still not designed for demanding workflows with professional applications, graphics, or colour accuracy. The latest additions to the Z by HP portfolio are smallest footprint with the highest-end Quadro RTX 5000 & GeForce RTX 2080-Refresh, purpose-built and re-engineered from the ground up to meet the demanding needs of the most creative applications and workflows and provide optimal experiences today and in the future.
In 2015, the Scientific and Engineering Award was awarded by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences for the development of the HP LP2480zx Professional DreamColor display[xii]. The ZBook Studio and ZBook Create bring the first DreamColor display with 17.5 hours, all-day battery life to visual effects artists, animators, and colourists worldwide, enabling them to accurately represent their content on-screen from anywhere because of DreamColor’s built-in colourimeter for automatic self-calibration, 100% sRGB and Adobe RGB for accuracy, and over a billion colours for smoother shading and more consistent gradients.
HP ZBook Studio and HP ZBook Create
- Creators can design, edit, render, and stream from anywhere no matter how complex the workflow, with choices of Quadro or GeForce graphics and next-gen Intel Core and Intel Xeon processors.
- Creative pros today want to multi-task while projects are rendering in the background without slowing down other applications. The ZBook Studio is the most powerful mobile workstation per cubic centimeter for rendering.
- Z Power Slider gives the user complete control over the type of performance and acoustics for specific workflows. At the same time, the Z Predictive Fan Algorithm intelligently manages fan behaviour based on the kind of work and applications used by creatives.
- New vapour cooling chamber and liquid crystal polymer, gaming-class thermals are designed to equip users with the ability to run at maximum performance, as needed. The custom advanced cooling system pushes air away from the CPU and GPU in 2-dimensional paths, unlocking power density that is 2.8x higher gen to gen in a laptop design that is up to 30% smaller.
- The ZBook Studio, the world’s smallest 15” laptop for creation, is the most powerful mobile workstation per cubic-centimetre[xiv], and ZBook Create pack a nearly borderless screen experience – 22% reduction in volume from the previous generation – alongside an up to 17.5-hour long-lasting battery life2 into a lightweight aluminium exterior, bringing creators a colour-accurate laptop with all-day battery life.
- The Z Command Keyboard is designed specifically for creators for a seamless transition from other products, with a familiar keyboard layout for shortcuts, and ultra-quiet keys for the perfect creative flow without interruptions.
- World’s best audio experience on a 15.6” notebook[xv] for creation and gaming provides rich audio with 150 Hz roll-off bass and speakers custom-tuned by Bang and Olufsen to surround users in a rich sound space, featuring the most powerful speakers with the highest levels of bass on any HP notebook.
- The world’s first mobile workstation with ocean-bound plastics, the highly recyclable and lightweight aluminium exterior provides 5x the abrasion resistance of painted carbon fibre and still complies with MIL-STD 810G testing.
Pricing and availability
Available at all HP World stores and online store.hp.com/in, the new HP portfolio is priced as follows:
- with Max-Q design 15.6” OLED TOUCH is available at INR169, ENVY 13 is available at a starting price of INR 79,999, while the HP ENVY x360 13 is available at a starting price of INR 79,999
- Z by HP mobile workstations- the HP ZBook Studio and HP ZBook Create will be available from September 1, 2020, onwards at INR 177,000